Bob ‘Mac’ MacMillan has been matching talent with opportunity in Puget Sound for more than 15 years. After a highly successful career in the corporate world or commercial real estate, Mac began his consulting practice in 1999.
Prior to establishing MacMillan Associates Consulting, he worked in senior level positions in several of the region’s largest real estate services and development companies. His positions and experience have included:
- Business Development Executive for Moss & Company Executive Search.
- Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Puget Sound Region office of Norris, Beggs & Simpson, a Pacific Northwest real estate services company (Brokerage, Property Management and Mortgage Banking) with total responsibility for planning, budgeting and profitability.
- Vice President of Development for Cornerstone Columbia Development, a joint venture between the publicly traded companies Weyerhauser (WRECO) and Portland General Electric (PGE), resulting in the successful acquisition and entitlement of a 300+ acre commercial/industrial development opportunity.
- Vice President and Regional Manager for Cabot, Cabot & Forbes, a national real estate development company with a demonstrated track record of successfully developing and managing a number of high quality office and industrial projects in the Puget Sound area.
- Director of Marketing for First City Equities, a regional real estate development company.
Mac is a member and Past President of the Washington State Chapter of NAIOP, as well as a member of ULI Northwest (Urban Land Institute) and CREW Seattle and Sound (where he also served on the Board).
He served for many years on the Board and Executive Committee of the Bellevue Chamber, where he was Vice Chair of Economic Development. He is a past Board Member of the Bellevue Downtown Association and was formerly Chairman of the Bellevue Economic Partnership (Bellevue Chamber, Bellevue Downtown Association, City of Bellevue, Meydenbauer Center, along with private sector real estate & development companies).
In addition to giving back to his community through Board positions, Mac has a strong interest in mentoring today’s future leaders. He volunteers his time to students and is a frequent speaker at the University of Washington Runstad Center for Real Estate Studies/College of Built Environments and the University of Washington Foster School of Business.